Tuesday, July 31, 2012

S's July Book Wrap Up

On my other blog, The London Diaries, I post a book wrap up at the end of each month. Since this is a total book nerd blog I thought I might just cross post those wrap ups here as well.

Books Read:  7

Books Abandoned: 1


Books in Progress:  1


Best Book:  Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe - Fannie Flagg
It was actually really difficult to choose a favourite book this month as I loved “We Are All Made of Glue” just as much as “Fried Green Tomatoes” but the latter won the slight edge with its southern charm.  I haven’t actually seen the movie (gasp!) but from what I hear it’s a bit different to the book.  I hope not too much as I plan on watching it very soon!  It read a bit like I imagine Steel Magnolias would read if it were a book (and my GOD I wish it was!).  As a total aside, what the hell is THIS about???!!!

Worst Book:  House Rules - Jodi Picoult
While I did manage to finish this book (only just) it wasn’t Picoult’s best (or even decent) by far.  I just disliked everything about this one.

X
S

1 comment: